- While still in the 10th Company, he killed an Ork Waaagh-Boss with his sniper rifle and saved the rest of his squad through quick thinking.
- In his 4th year as a battle brother he was one of the few whose squad was successful against a Tau detachment.
- He was awarded command of his squad, when his sergeant fell two years later in a fight against chaos forces. Duma took up the power weapon of his dead sergeant and killed the chaos champion responsible for this death.
- He was awarded veteran status after only 20 years of duty, fighting in the first squad of the 4th company henceforth.
- Duma lost his left eye in duty against Tyranids boarding an imperial retribution class battle ship. Since it was only a minor injury he kept on fighting, recovered the company banner and for this was awarded the honour of bearing it into battle. His eye was later replaced by a bionic version. The vessel was saved.
- He bore the banner for further 32 years, when the former captain of the 4th company fell to artillery fire of chaos forces. Rallying the troops around the banner, Duma managed to turn a near loss into a victory and was inducted into the Deathwing after being found worthy. He was subsequently promoted to Master of the 4th company.
- Since taking his new position, Duma only had a few minor losses, but a noteworthy tally of victories. He believes in leading from the front and by example and is thus revered by his subordinates.
- Currently, Duma is leading an attack against the world of Kashya, were he was wounded after finding out about one or more Fallen on the world. While recovering from wounds, Duma sustained from a Dark Eldar lord, Sammael took command over Dumas small detachment bringing a small Ravenwing force along to look for hints of the Fallen.