Fortress of the Unforgiven Entry

Phase 1: completely model the five squads - COMPLETED
Phase 2: Add icons and additional paraphernelia to the models; Commence work on the two characters. - COMPLETED
Phase 3: Paint the squads
Phase 4: paint the characters

Commenced: 28 February 2011. Completed: 15 March 2011
This phase consisted of all the five squads being put together. I essentially hacked, ripped, swapped and glued to my hearts content. Only the two cyclone launchers were not glued on to allow painting. The rest I will paint as the models are. below are the completed squads.

CONCEPTS: I tried to maintain three major concepts for this project.
1. Each terminator would have a uniquely pose as well as be individualized by way of icons and equipment.
2. Every terminator would sport atleast one feather sometimes more in memory of those who died in the plains world. I especially wanted the feathers to be gigantic rather than resemble small totems carried by the spacewolves.
3. The storm shields would also all be different from one another and purposefully be bulked up with thick greenstuff casts.

PHASE IIB Completed: 26 March 2011
A small add on for the phase II. I looked acrefully at the collection of 26 terminators and it was quite obvious that Squad I had very minimal greenstuff add-ons as that was the squad i started my GS experiemnts. In particular, the sergeant had nothing added, although the base model of Commander Culln was quite intricately modelled. I felt I should go abck and add some green so here are the images to compare.
DW Squad 1: The original squad with it's sculpts are shown above while the added GS work is shown below with an additional image of the sergeant.
Return to the Sub-Section Main Page
Previous Page
Next Page
Return to the Sub-Section Main Page
Previous Page
Next Page
Commenced: 26 March 2011.
This is where the difficult part of painting the models starts. I did a test run on two of my left over Shadowguards Chapter assault marines who had been previously primed with white and spravyed with bleached bone. Afetr much agonizing and reading all the advice from the B+C boards, and considering the time limitations i decided to try two washes.
In the first photo the marine on the left has Gryphone Sepia wash while the one on the right has Devlan Mud wash. This also happens to be the first time I am using washes so it might be thick or thin.....

I actually like the effect on the right, the one with a single wash of Devlan Mud.
The second photo shows the models with a second wash using the other colour. So the marine on the left has now had a a wash of Devlan mud over the original nne Sepia while the model on the right has had the reverse.

I still like the model on the right. The wash hasn't quite dried yet and might be a little too  much but I think if i then touch up with a 50:50 mix of bleached bone and skull white and then a few white highlights it should be presentable.